How to Clean Your Jewellery at Your Home?
Anything that is worth saving and cherishing over a long period of time requires constant care and attention. The same goes for jewellery, be it an antique piece of silver bracelet handed down from your great great great grandmother or the just acquired betrothal diamond ring. Without care and attention, those jewellery pieces will slowly lose their shine and radiance. What good is a jewellery that does not shine, sparkle and show itself off.
To save you from all the hassle from going to a Jewellery repair store, or using Quick Jewellery cleaning services and other like Jewellery Workshops, here are some simple tricks and tips which you can use to clean your jewellery in the comfort of your home.
Baking Soda Paste:
- Take two tablespoons of baking soda, some warm water and mix them into a thick paste.
- Then with the help of an old toothbrush and apply the mixture to the jewellery. As you repeat the process you will see the shine coming out of the jewellery.
- Rinse with water and repeat the process as required.
- One thing to note about the baking soda mixture is that it is not to be used on pearls, gemstones and enamelled ornaments.
Vinegar and Baking Soda Paste:
- The process for cleaning jewellery with this mixture is the same as the Baking Soda Paste, the only thing you will have to add is ¼ of vinegar to the baking soda and water mixture.
- Toothpaste comes off as one of the most effective and economical ways of cleaning your silver jewellery. All you need is the paste, a toothbrush or a soft cloth and damp towel.
- Apply the paste on your silver jewellery with the help of a cloth or toothbrush, then use the damp towel to wipe it clean.
- Any liquor from beer, to vodka or tequila comes in handy to help you give your old jewellery a sparkle.
- Pour your choice of liquor into a bowl, then use a soft cloth to clean your jewellery with the liquor.
- Hydrogen Peroxide comes in handy when it comes to the cleaning of your small items of jewellery like a ring or earrings
- Pour a cap full of hydrogen peroxide into a small cup. Then fully immerse your item of jewellery in the liquid. Leave it for a while, for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Then take the jewellery out and rinse it with regular water. You will have a shiny ring in your hand as good as new.
Apart from these easy ways to have your jewellery repair services and cleaned at home some other common readily available ingredients that can be used to clean your jewellery are – ketchup, tamarind paste, boiling water and dish washing liquid. The process involved in all of them is the same, the use of an old toothbrush or some cloth with repetition until satisfied.